ESTATE PLANNING ATTORNEY IN
Call Us Today!
ABOUT ATTORNEY KAREN L. STEWART
Karen is most passionate about working with senior citizens. She is respectful, listens to their needs and has patience in explaining concepts so that they understand. She always remembers who the client is and focuses on them, instead of the family members who may also be attending the meeting. Karen understands the family has good intentions and wants to help, but it is up to the client to make decisions to the best of their abilities.
Another area of particular interest to Karen is working with blended families. Estate planning for second marriages can often be like putting a puzzle together and every family situation is different. It can be challenging to plan for the spouses to take care of each other and the needs of children from previous marriages and Karen enjoys the challenge.
Karen serves a diverse range of clients, of all ages and ethnicity: young families, middle aged, seniors, single\divorced\widowed people, married and unmarried couples, same sex couples.
Karen L. Stewart |
Attorney & Counselor
Areas of Specialization
- B.B.A. Eastern Michigan University
- M.B.A. Wayne State University
- J.D. Wayne State University
- Licensed to Practice Law
- Certified Public Accountant
Recent Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE) Seminars attended:
- Veterans Benefits and Claims: A Practical Approach, November 2019
- Administration of Trusts Under the Michigan Trust Code, November 2018
- Probate and Estate Planning Annual Institute, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2014
- Annual Drafting Estate Planning Documents, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014
- Annual Elder Law Institute, 2017, 2016
- Experts in Estate Planning: Divorce, Blended Families and Nuptial Agreements, November 2016
- Experts in Estate Planning: Estate and Distribution Planning for Retirement Benefits, November 2014
Free Consultations for Seniors at
Novi Senior Center
Karen offers FREE 30 minute, no obligation consultations with seniors. Currently accepting appointments at the Novi Older Adult Services Meadowbrook Activity Center, 25075 Meadowbrook Road, Novi, MI 48375, from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. on the Second Monday of very month. Sign-up by calling Novi Older Adult Services at (248)347-0414. The free consultations are not limited to residents of Novi.
“Thanks for taking such good care of us and making it easy to ask questions. I appreciate not being made to feel stupid for asking questions. It was a lovely gift at a tough time.“